Our monthly update on the project to modernise payment and prior approvals as part of the eDental programme, covering:
- ePrior Approval
- the rollout of our eDental web form
- tips for completing the web form
- what stage practice management system (PMS) suppliers are at on the path to accreditation
- upgrading your computers
- information for Software of Excellence (SoE) practices
We’re seeing a steady increase in dental claims being received electronically, from 94.31% of claims received electronically in January 2017 to 96.92% in July 2017.
This is particularly encouraging as the 31 December 2017 deadline approaches for submitting any final paper claims. Any paper claims submitted on or after 1 January 2018 will not be accepted.
We’ve also been making sure NHS boards can prepare for the deadline too, with information going out to boards around what they need to do with active emergency and Public Dental Service list numbers.
Orthodontic payment and approvals will now be a separate phase of the eDental project. We’ve finished gathering requirements and are now in the initial design phase.
Development is complete and internal testing of our new ePrior Approval system is underway.
eDental web form rollout
We’re working to improve the user experience of our web form – and we encourage all practices to move over to the web form in good time, before 1 January 2018.
Our transition team continues to rollout our eDental web form to an increasing number of practices, with 65% of those practices who are planning to use the web form now submitting claims regularly. The majority of remaining practices are establishing a suitable date for their transition.
If you still need to submit your web form paperwork to us, make sure you download the forms you need by visiting our eDental registration page – the forms and contact details you need are under step 4. Send your completed forms to the transition team so a transition date can be agreed as soon as possible.
Tips for completing the web form
To make the process of completing the web form as quick and easy as possible for your practice, please read the web form guidance and ensure that you:
- scan through your list of claims (on the ‘claims list’ screen) before you submit, to check there are no duplicate entries for an individual patient
- ignore the ‘no radiographs available’ box in the ‘claim details’ tab (by leaving it blank rather than selecting either option), unless you have an item of treatment that does need radiographs to be available but where the radiographs are not being claimed
- make sure that when a patient has failed to return and you need a fee to be awarded for treatment that isn’t included in the Statement of Dental Remuneration, tick the ‘are you making a fee request’ box and describe in the ‘fee remarks’ section the treatment that you require a fee to be assessed for. Please don’t tick the box in any other circumstances
Practice management system (PMS) supplier update
If you use a PMS or intend to start using one to claim for payments in future, visit our practice management systems page for more information on where each PMS supplier is at on their path to accreditation.
Upgrading computers in your dental practice
If you plan to use a web form for submitting claims, you need to ensure that your computers can support the following:
- Windows 7 or above
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Google Chrome
Software of Excellence (SoE) practices
Over the coming weeks, Software of Excellence (SoE) practices will be sent further information about how to prepare for making the transition to eDental.
Communications will be issued to each practice transitioning as there are differences in rollout for each supplier. At this stage, we ask that you keep up to date with your claim rejections, as submitting claims as regularly as possible and clearing out your claim rejections quickly will help to make the transition as smooth as possible.