- look at the impact of our decisions on our customers, colleagues and communities
- ensure we manage resources so they’ve a positive impact on society and minimise impact on the environment
- act to meet or exceed our legal and regulatory requirements
- conduct ourselves ethically in line with our values and
- be open and transparent to meet our commitment to Corporate responsibility and report progress.
NSS will support the targets in the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009 which aim to reduce energy-based carbon emissions and energy consumption to contribute to the emissions reduction targets for greenhouse gas.
NSS will commit to:
- use energy and water efficiently and promote and implement improvements designed to make best use of supplies and minimise our use of natural resources, especially if these are non renewable
- design, promote and implement sustainable travel plans to reduce energy use and emissions and encourage our workforce to make sustainable travel choices
- minimise waste by encouraging waste reduction, reuse of materials and recycling
- put sustainability, life cycle costing and a healthy working environment at every stage of NSS land and property management
- assess the environmental impact of any new processes, products or services before they are implemented
- embed sustainable procurement so that we work with suppliers and meet our need for goods and services in a way that minimises the impact on the environment.
Biodiversity Report 2015 to 2017 (Draft)
The report covers the full reporting period (2015 to 2017) and reflects activities which address both the 2004 and 2013 parts of the Scottish Biodiversity Strategy (external link) for three National Health Boards:
- NHS National Services Scotland
- NHS Health Scotland (external link)
- Scottish Ambulance Service (external link)
Please note that the final version of this report will be available soon.Download the Biodiversity Report (PDF 469KB)